Monday, April 20, 2015

Quinceañera’s Perspective



Quinceañera’s Perspective
Good morning everyone! Hope you're having a good day. I just wanted to share some advice from a few past Quinceañeras that I sat down and talked to briefly. Hopefully this helps some of you with your upcoming parties. Enjoy! 




I liked how my Quinceañera party was very elegant and festive. The food was delicious, the decorations were perfect, and everyone had great time. What I didn’t like about it was how my hair and makeup was done. My hair was styled how my mom wanted it, not how I wanted. Also, I did not like how my makeup was applied. I felt I looked like a clown because my lips were too bright and I was not used to wearing so much makeup at the time. What I do recommend all girls that are planning to have a Quinceañera, is to go see their hair stylist and show the stylist a picture of how they want their hair and makeup to be so they can practice on the birthday girl before her big day.-Erika

Well if you're planning to have damas or chambelánes then to make sure to plan ahead for any sports or after school activities they do not have trouble scheduling practices. Planning everything can be stressful but remembering your family is there to support you are always good to remember! If some things don't go as planned remember to just go with them after all it's a special day that should be about sharing the joy with friends and family…so if you're having fun then people will most likely not even notice if something didn't go exactly as planned.-Gaby

It is major drama & stress especially if you have damas & a BIG court!! But in the end it is worth it. I would say it is a lot of HARD work but in the end it will pay off. Just don't go to overboard with the quince practices times, be patient && also listen to people's ideas- Jocelyn 
(Here is Jocelyn's baile sorpresa for anyone interested in checking it out.)

My advice is the day of relax and just have fun. It's your birthday and u can cry if you want too but you don't want ruin your makeup. Every little thing will get u mad or frustrated if you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Make sure everything is ready ahead of time so all you have to do is just show up to your own party. If you’re doing a dance make sure everyone practices a lot mine got messed up and I wasn't confident. I was an angry bird for mine because I wanted everything to be perfect.-Sarah

Well the stressing part was having to get all the padrinos, I went personally to everyone’s house and it was time consuming. Then I still had to go another time to pick up the money. Getting the recuerdos and invitations was another mess, especially since I had my quince in Mexico; it was hard to see what I was ordering so I had to leave that to my grandma. The food well my grandmother had taken care of that and I'm assuming it wasn’t easy since we had to engordar los pavos months before the party haha. The valtz! Was stressful for me because it was hard to get everyone to come to practice, but they we always fun at the end of the day because I had all primos for my chambelánes so we got to know each other more and have fun! But overall I loved that I was able to have a quince, because it’s a great memory at the end of the day! I got to plan my family which was very meaningful and helpful! The baile was great, I enjoyed it to the max, I promised myself I was going to dance the whole night and I did! I made sure to take as many family members out to dance with me that night lol it was great. I mean don’t think it was stressful all the time lol it had its fun moments-Jocelyn


Hope that helps some of you! Have a good day and remember:



No comments:

Post a Comment