Saturday, March 21, 2015

Beautiful Addictions



 Erika, Erika my coworker has done it again! She once again came to me with a great book! I really need to go shopping with her when she goes to the bookstore. She chose Beautiful Addictions by Season Vining.
I want to say that cover was intriguingly beautiful and I love it. With that being said, I was impressed with the story. This is not your typical love story of boy next door romance or a billionaire hero who sweeps a damsel in distress but a story of REAL FLAWED characters.The story is about out mysterious Josie, a girl without a past. She doesn't know who she was before, she doesn't know where she came from. She endured being shuffled in and out of foster homes after being found without a memory, and she managed to escape those foster homes (where she suffered years of abuse). Now as an adult all she lives for is what her life is now. (which is living in the unknown, shrouded in mystery as she lurks in smoky bars engulfed in darkness and loses herself in her drawings.)  When she's not lost in bars and her drawings she's usually lost in 






But that's besides the point, she had a rough life at least what she remembers about it. She is not your typical heroine but she come out fighting for those she loves.Then there's the intriguing Tristan, the guy she quietly watches while he works. She cracks me up with her whole:




This book had it all from first love, second chances, sex, drugs, crime, depression and loss. I won't say more because it's definitely a book worth reading.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment