Saturday, March 14, 2015

Caged In Winter Review

Caged In Winter by Brighton Walsh

One of my co worker's Erika led me to find this book...well more like she threw it at me (LOL) and told me to read it because it was freaking amazing according to her.  So what else was i going to do when i had since down time on night shift? So I started reading it and let me say, this story speaks for itself. It's incredibly written. The struggles of these characters are all too real and that is what makes this story powerful. It makes you connect with the characters on an emotional level and you are instantly drawn into the chaotic world of the restaurant where the sexy soon to be chef Cade Maxwell works and the dark dimly light pub that Winter Jacobson works from night to night while juggling school. There are things that drive both characters the gorgeous Winter Jacobson, is counting down her days to freedom. When we first meet her she is counting down from day seventy-six and Cade Maxwell is driving his future career so that he can make something of himself while still being there for his sister and her daughter. He does all that he can to provide and protect them. Then on a random night he decides to go out, he happens to run into Winter Jacobson. When he lays eyes on her, it's on. He is intrigued, like any hero he sees her in trouble and rushes off to save her. To his big surprise,Winter isn't a girl that needs rescuing. Winter is tough because life has been tough on her.

“I don’t want your goddamn sorries. Go hop on your horse, Prince Charming, and save some other girl. I don’t need your help.” -Winter Jacobson.

That is one of my favorite lines of this book. It's totally not what you'd expect if you were Cade who just saved, but if you're a girl that's independent like Winter then it just feels right saying that to a guy who think he can fix everything by stepping in. I'm a Winter type of girl, and loved reading her response to him. I definitely recommend this book, it should be one of your next book to read on your reading list. Needless to say it was a sexy yummy delight to read. Walsh does a great job of bring you in and leading up to what's going to happen next. I bought this book shortly after reading my borrowed version from my co worker Erika. I gotta hand it to her, she picked a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment